Coronavirus is already on all the Hawaii islands with positive cases showing and community spread already happening in Oahu. The CDC has advised that staying at home in a self-imposed quarantine is the best way of prevention and social distancing. But what can you do at home all day and night to keep busy? Here’s a list of top things you can do at home with Coronavirus in Hawaii to keep busy and some other creative ideas for fun and safety in mind.
Ideas and tips on what to do at home during the Coronavirus pandemic
There are so many good things and busy activities things to do at home with Coronavirus in Hawaii. Take a look at all these suggestions below and hopefully you’ll be able to incorporate many of these ideas into your daily routine.
- Do some spring cleaning – might as well get an early start on your spring cleaning in all the rooms, throwing away junk, clearing out the garage of storage boxes of unknowns and doing a deep clean of all interior surfaces, floors to the wall and ceiling.
- Plant a veggie or fruit garden – for those wanting to really get back to nature and growing your own food there are many fast growing veggies that will reward you rather quickly with your efforts from salad greens, kale, beans, and a slew of other veggies that will also save you on your pocketbook
- Start your movie list must sees or binge watch a series – there’s a lot of good stuff to stream from the many providers to enjoy.
- Streaming some free culture – you can stream Broadway, Opera or even visit a museum collection at the convenience of your own home
- Read a book – time to catch up on all those books you have on your must-read list to finally whittle down
- Call someone or have a virtual date – now’s a great time to reconnect with someone online and spend some quality time online.
- Start a personal journal – if this is affecting you personally write it down, your feelings, vent it out, daily affirmations and what you can do about this personally.
- Go out for a walk and get outside with social distancing – if you are allowed to walk out somewhere for short time frame with human distancing do it.
- Listen to podcasts on your favorite topics – there’s nothing like hearing a voice talking about a favorite topic, its very soothing and reassuring.
- Check out some new cooking recipes and try them out – if you’re hungry and you want to try something different Google a new recipe or check out a You Tube video to a recipe that you’ve always wanted to try out.
- See a concert with artists holding live streaming events – music artists are offering free live streaming or archived events and videos, go check them out.
- Work on a puzzle or game – if you’re into puzzles or games, you can play to your heart’s desire now.
- Learn a new language – using various apps like Duolingo, xxxx you can teach yourself a new language
- Meditate – try your own meditation, chanting, focusing on your breath and visualizing positive affirmations
- Do some Yoga at home – keep your mind and body in check and good health with basic to more advanced moves that you can learn from You Tube, video DVDs or other online websites
- Write actual letters to friends or loved ones – postcards, simple cards or even Facebook messages to keep in touch and keep up spirits with those you love.
- Learn how to bake – check out Pinterest, Your Tube videos and some of those delicious foods your friends are posting on Facebook with all their free time.
- Learn a new hobby – into ceramics, knitting, photography or something fun you’ve put aside because of time restrictions. Now you have plenty of time at home to explore and learn a new hobby with online resources
- Learn how to make some delicious cocktails and make something new for you to make.
- Try writing some poetry, short stories or even try starting that novel you’ve been thinking and putting in the back burner
- Try and create something from Pinterest that you’ve bookmarked to someday do or make
- Make a photo book from your camera roll or order a framed version of some of your favorite images
- Learn to fix broken, leaking or damaged things that you can try to do yourself
- Make a list of positive things or affirmations happening in your life and review them daily to get your day kick started the right way
- Work on some financial planning, do your taxes, review your stock options and 401K with an advisor
- Try some new wines, beers or alcohol beverages that you’ve only read about or heard from friends to try
- Play some board games or do online game challenges like Scrabble, Zoom and other things you can do online with social distancing
- Dye your hair a wild color – why not try something a little out of the ordinary and fun
- Clear out some old and dusty clothes in the closet that don’t fit or just collecting dust
- Match all your unmatched socks in the sock drawer
- Do a spring room makeover or just rearrange furniture in boring rooms around the house
- Do a free trial of a streaming service and binge watch during that free time frame
- Order some new glasses online for a good price
- Do some morning stretches – start top down from your head, eyes, mouth to mid-section, arms, shoulders and down to your toes
- Get online and donate or volunteer online to do something worthwhile
- What about donating money to your favorite charity
- Invite your friends to donate to a charity in your honor in place of birthday events
- Do some art or learn how to do something creative or a craft project that you can try
- Grow some indoor plants or how about a small kitchen window herb garden
- Try doing things with your left hand or your non-dominant hand from writing, signing your name to brushing your teeth.
- Update your will and organize your own affairs – take the time to get most of this always down the road activity to now when you have the time to concentrate on it.
- Get your taxes done now and ahead of schedule
- Take your pets out for a walk with some social distancing
- Beaches and parks closed – look for trails and other outdoor places you can enjoy, meditate and just enjoy being in Hawaii
- Keep abreast of Coronavirus in Hawaii, local and state updates but don’t let it dominate your life.
- Recently unemployed – get those applications to file immediately
- Get your finances in order – make sure you eliminate all unnecessary expenses to control your cash flow
- Have an emergency supply ready – Don’t hoard but have enough for two to three weeks supply of accessible foods, ready to eat canned items, fruits and veggies and other necessary supplies. Consider this list for your basic needs and what you can add to it.
- Stay healthy – be creative in the time of social distancing with in home work outs, cardio fitness, some outdoor activities and other activities you can do to keep your health in check and active.
- Get plenty of sleep – there’s nothing better in staying healthy then regular then a good night’s sleep that is at a set time frame that you can stick to. Enjoy your sleepy time.
Check out these other related topics
Toilet paper alternatives in Hawaii
Learning to cook Hawaiian comfort foods
Coronavirus and updates in Hawaii
More resources on Coronavirus in Hawaii
State of Hawaii – Disease Outbreak Control Division
Covid – 19 Frequently asked questions
Learn more about staying safe and healthy at www.coronavirus.gov.
Event cancellations due to Coronavirus in Hawaii
Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about Coronavirus; hours have been extended to 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day
Please pin for later
Thanks for checking out this post on Things to do at home with Coronavirus in Hawaii. We hope the post was informative and offer some good ideas for you – if so please do share it with your friends or any of the social media buttons around the post.