Oahu Helicopter Tours: Experience the Breathtaking Wonders from Above(updated 2023)
Experience the natural beauty of Oahu from a new perspective by taking a helicopter tour. Choose from 20 to 60-minute tours and enjoy breathtaking views of landmarks like Diamond Head State Monument, Pearl Harbor, and Waikiki Beach, as well as hidden gems like Sacred Falls and Jurassic Valley. The tours are operated by experienced pilots who provide insightful commentary and ensure your safety. Compare prices and read reviews before booking, dress appropriately, and bring your camera for an unforgettable experience.
Why do a helicopter tour around Oahu?
A helicopter tour offers a unique way to experience a destination’s beauty. Here are some reasons to consider taking one:
- Breathtaking views: See stunning sights like hidden waterfalls, remote valleys, and vast landscapes that are impossible to view from the ground.
- Time-efficient: Cover a lot of ground in a short time, seeing more than you could on foot or by car.
- Adventure: Enjoy an exhilarating adventure and create lasting memories.
- Safety: Experience a safe and secure flight with experienced pilots.
- Learning experience: Learn more about the destination’s history, culture, and geography from knowledgeable guides who provide insightful commentary.
Overall, a helicopter tour is a great way to enhance your travel experience and make unforgettable memories.
Here are some of the best helicopter tours in Oahu to consider
Get ready for a truly one-of-a-kind experience in Hawaii with our Land & Air Tour! This adventure starts with our highly-rated Small Group Circle Island Tour, taking you on a journey through some of the most picturesque and iconic spots on the island. From stunning beaches and surf spots to historical movie sites, you’ll explore it all in a luxurious and spacious vehicle.
But that’s not all – after the Circle Island Tour, get ready for an adrenaline-pumping helicopter ride! You’ll be dropped off at the Helipad for a 60-minute flight over Waikiki, where you’ll see the bustling city and gorgeous beaches from above. Marvel at the biggest waterfall on Oahu and the stunning beauty of Pearl Harbor from a safe and spacious helicopter.
And the best part? You’ll have an experienced and knowledgeable guide with you throughout the tour, providing insightful commentary on the sights and history of Oahu. So buckle up and get ready for an unforgettable adventure with our Land & Air Tour – book now for an experience you’ll never forget!
Group Size: max 14 (Please call for bigger groups)
Passengers per Flight: 6
Duration Ground Tour: ~6 hours
Duration Flight: ~55 minutes
Spots: more than 40
Pick up & Drop Off: Free at Waikiki Hotel
- Pearl Harbor – See the USS Arizona shipwreck on the bottom of the bay
- Pearl Harbor – USS Arizona Memorial
- USS Missouri – US Battleship used in Iraq
- Honolulu Harbor – Hawaii’s Lifeline
- Aloha Tower – Hawaii’s Statue of Liberty
- **Waikiki – Skyline and beaches of Waikiki
- Diamond Head Crater – Hawaii’s most famous landmark
- Punchbowl – Military Cemetery inside a crater
- Aloha Stadium – Football & Baseball Stadium
- Honolulu Airport – One of the biggest airports in the USA
- Dole Plantation – Worlds biggest maze
- North Shore Beaches – Famous Surf Spots
- Sacred Falls – Biggest Waterfall on Oahu
- Jurassic Park Valley – Blockbuster Movie Spots
- Chinamans Hat – Little island on the North East
- Tour Duration 9am – 430pm (Approximate timings)
- Moderate walking, please wear comfortable shoes and dress weather appropriate
- Routes and time may be modified or restricted due to circumstances beyond of the control of DanielsHawaii
- We recommend not to wear white shirts, because of the reflection in the window in the helicopter
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 250 lbs will be required to purchase 50% of an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- The listed price does not include a $25 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Included: Expert Guide, Luxury Vehicle, Bottle of Water for every guest
- Excluded: Gratuity, Lunch, Custom Souvenir Video of Tour (Surcharge)
Transportation – Pick up & Drop off
North Shore & Westside: $100
Harbor & Airport: $25
Group Size Van: 14 max (Please call us for bigger groups)
Vehicle: Spacious Luxury Van
Group Size Helicopter: 6 max
|$484||People Tour & 60 Minute Flight|
Embark on an unforgettable VIP helicopter tour of Oahu, taking in all of the island’s most iconic sights in style and comfort. As you soar over Waikiki’s glittering shoreline, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the modern metropolis of Honolulu and the white sands of Waikiki’s famous beaches. From there, you’ll follow the coastline past Diamond Head, Koko Head, and the historic Makapu’u Point Lighthouse, before continuing north to the windward coast, where you’ll see Kailua Beach, Chinaman’s Hat, and the stunning reef and waters of Kaneohe Bay. Prepare to be awed by the beauty of Jurassic Valley and Sacred Falls, before taking in the world-famous waves of Banzai Pipeline and Waimea Bay on Oahu’s North Shore. Your tour will culminate with a slow flyover of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona, offering a poignant and unforgettable conclusion to your 60-minute VIP helicopter adventure.
|$380||VIP People For groups of 2-3 people.|
- Guaranteed window seats and your very own private pilot.
- Doors on or Doors Off option (at no extra cost).
- Free VIP pickup and drop off to Waikiki and surrounding areas in our air-conditioned courtesy van.
- 60 minutes
Enjoy a guaranteed window seat and your own private pilot on our custom helicopter tour, with doors off for an unobstructed view. Our air-conditioned courtesy van provides free VIP pick up and drop off to Waikiki and surrounding areas.
For professionals seeking a customized flight, our rates start at $420 per person, and we work with you to ensure the right lighting, positions, and permissions are obtained for your desired experience.
The flight duration is 60 minutes, and you’ll have the opportunity to witness some of Oahu’s best landmarks. Please note that each seat has a weight limit of 295lbs and that cancellations or delays may occur due to inclement weather or safety reasons at the pilot’s discretion. Customer cancellations require 24-hour notice, and the minimum number of passengers is 2, with a maximum of 3.
|$399||People | Helicopter Tour Priced per person | Seats up to 2 people|
Join us for a unique and exclusive opportunity to explore Hawaii’s only active volcano on our private Hawaii Volcano and Helicopter Tour from Oahu.
This adventure offers an aerial tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Kilauea volcano, as well as a guided ground tour with our expert tour guide. Witness active lava flows that are inaccessible on land, fly over the massive summit of the volcano, and visit the incredible sites of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
This chance to discover Hawaii’s only active volcano is not to be missed, and the opportunity to see it from both the air and ground is unparalleled. Seats for this one-of-a-kind tour are extremely limited and filling up quickly. Book your tour today.
|$1,190||Adults Ages 12+|
|$1,190||Children Ages 3-11|
Experience the true beauty of Kauai on a scenic and unforgettable helicopter tour. Fly from Oahu to Kauai for a Neighbor Island Day Trip and witness the Garden Isle’s most stunning sites. Begin your day with an expert driver-guide, exploring Kauai’s breathtaking and scenic locations, such as Ahukini Landing, Lydgate Beach, Kilauea, Princeville, Kapa’a, Kealia Overlook, and many others. Afterward, enjoy lunch at Tahiti Nui, featured in the film The Descendants with George Clooney.
Then, board a Blue Hawaiian Eco Star Helicopter for a 50-55 minute tour. Soar near the Napali Coast, Waimea Canyon “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” cascading waterfalls, the hidden Kipa Kai Beach, and Mt. Waialeale: the highest point on the island.
To meet aviation security requirements, please provide your name and birth date when booking reservations, which must match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in. Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or valid ID.
Note that inter-island airfare costs may fluctuate daily and may be subject to an overage charge per ticket, which will be collected at least 72 hours prior to the tour date and at the time of booking.
For the helicopter flight, provide your exact body weight and height, as required by the helicopter tour provider. Guests are advised not to bring large or heavy bags on the flight. All passengers will be weighed during check-in at the heliport in compliance with FAA requirements to ensure accurate aircraft weight and balance. Passengers over 240 pounds will be allotted two seats and will be responsible for the additional cost of a second seat.
For the best picture-taking and views during the helicopter ride, wear darker colors to reduce window reflection. No flash photography or selfie sticks are allowed.
|$771||Adults Ages 12 +|
|$748||Children 2-11 yrs|
|Free||Infants under 2 yrs Does not occupy a seat. Sits on adults lap.|
How to decide on what helicopter experience to do
Here are some tips to help you choose the best helicopter tour experience for you:
- Set your budget: Determine your spending limit and compare the options available within your budget. Helicopter tours have varying prices based on duration, route, and level of service.
- Consider your preferences: Decide if you want a short or long tour, or if you have a specific route or destination in mind. Choose a tour that fits your interests and preferences.
- Read reviews: Check online reviews to see what other travelers thought about their helicopter tour experience. Look for reviews that mention pilot quality, tour safety, and overall experience.
- Check the company’s safety record: Ensure that the company has a good safety record, is licensed and insured.
- Ask questions: Before booking, ask the tour company any questions you may have. Find out what safety measures they have in place, how experienced their pilots are, and what their cancellation policy is.
- Time of day: Some tours offer sunrise or sunset flights, which can provide spectacular views and lighting for photography. Consider the time of day when booking your tour.
By following these tips, you can choose a helicopter tour that meets your budget, preferences, and safety standards, and enjoy a memorable adventure.
Tips on doing a helicopter tour around Oahu
Tips for maximizing your helicopter tour around Oahu:
- Choose the right time: Consider the weather conditions and choose a time that aligns with your preferences.
- Bring a camera: Make sure to bring a camera with plenty of memory space.
- Dress appropriately: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and dress in layers.
- Listen to the pilot’s instructions: Follow the pilot’s instructions on how to wear the seatbelt, communicate, and where to look for the best views.
- Ask questions: Take advantage of knowledgeable guides and ask questions to learn more about Oahu.
- Stay safe: Follow all safety procedures and guidelines, including wearing a seatbelt, avoiding leaning on the helicopter, and keeping all body parts inside the helicopter at all times.
By following these tips, you can have a safe and memorable helicopter tour around Oahu.
Weather and best time to visit Oahu
Oahu, the most populous Hawaiian island, boasts a pleasant tropical climate year-round. However, the best time to visit depends on your preferences:
- Dry Season (April to October): This is the peak tourist season with warm and mostly dry weather. It’s perfect for beach activities, hiking, and water sports. Be prepared for larger crowds and higher prices.
- Wet Season (November to March): While Oahu’s wet season sees more rainfall, it’s still a good time to visit. Rainfall is typically sporadic and rarely disrupts plans. You can enjoy lush green landscapes and potentially find better deals on accommodations.
- Shoulder Seasons (April, May, September, and October): These months offer a balance between pleasant weather and fewer tourists. It’s an excellent time for a more relaxed visit with good conditions for outdoor activities.
- Crowds and Pricing: Oahu experiences peak tourism during the summer months (June to August) and the winter holiday season (mid-December to early January). Expect higher prices and more crowded attractions during these times.
- Surf Season: If you’re a surfer, the North Shore of Oahu comes alive with massive waves during the winter months. It’s a mecca for surf enthusiasts but may not be suitable for swimming or snorkeling.
- Festivals and Events: Check the events calendar for festivals, cultural celebrations, and special events. Oahu hosts various cultural and artistic festivals throughout the year.
- Hiking: Oahu offers incredible hiking opportunities. Be aware of the weather conditions and trail closures, especially during heavy rains.
- Sun Protection: Regardless of the time of year, Hawaii’s sun can be intense. Use sunscreen, wear sunglasses, and bring a hat to protect yourself from UV rays.
- Water Sports: If you plan to engage in water activities, check the surf conditions and follow safety guidelines. Some beaches are safer for swimming and snorkeling than others, depending on the season.
- Local Insights: Chat with locals or tour guides for inside tips on the best places to visit and eat.
Oahu offers something for every traveler year-round, whether you seek outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or relaxation. Consider your preferences and priorities when planning your visit to make the most of your time on the island.
Check out these other Oahu Tour Experiences
If you are looking for more fun adventure and guided tours, check out some of the fun guided experiences we share below.
Conclusion to doing a helicopter tour around Oahu
To sum up, a helicopter tour around Oahu is a remarkable experience that provides a unique perspective on the island’s stunning natural scenery. By applying the tips we’ve shared, you can enhance your helicopter tour and create unforgettable memories.
If you’re planning a trip to Oahu, don’t miss the opportunity to explore the island’s hidden gems from above. Book your helicopter tour today and get ready for an adventure that will take your breath away!